Welcome to the world of smart phone ad-hoc networking! This app turns your phone or tablet into a peer-to-peer communication device. You don't need a cell plan, access point, or even an Internet connection, just a bunch of friends with ad-hoc-enabled devices of their own.
- Root access
- Kernel which supports wireless extensions (wext)
- Wireless device driver which supports ad-hoc mode (Broadcom works well)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G SPH-D710
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (custom kernel)
- Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 I9300UBDLJ1 (Latin American countries) (custom kernel)
- Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 I9300XXBLH1 (Nordic countries) (custom kernel)
- ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 (custom kernel)
- ASUS Nexus 7 (custom kernel)
The custom kernels can be installed using ClockworkMod Recovery. Download them here:
This simple app allows you to enable and configure a Mobile Ad-Hoc Network (MANET) for your device. Install the app on another device and they will automagically recognize and link to each other when they are within ~500 feet. Install the app on even more devices and expand the range of your mesh network! The app will route data from one device to another and "hop" across other devices in the mesh to get there. In short, the more devices in your mesh the greater your communication range.
This app also allows you to share your phone's cell connection with other devices in the mesh.
Questions? Problems? Want to contribute? Post on our Google group:
Check out our source code:
A special thanks goes out to the WiFi Tether for Root Users app team:
This project is in part funded by The MITRE Corporation:
- If we don't officially support your device, the app may still work. Try manually selecting your Wireless Interface (most likely wlan0 or eth0) through the Settings.
MANET Manager is a free software application from the Telephony subcategory, part of the Communications category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-05-01. The program can be installed on Android.
MANET Manager (version 1.0) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 15 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.